Fight Stuff: Affliction III, A Dana White “Announcement” and an awesome MayheM quote
Remember that awesome fight that all the sites were saying was official between Vitor Belfort and Gegard Mousasi? Turns out it can possibly not happen if Belfort does not agree to fight at a catch weight. Belfort wants the fight at 185 while Mousasi rather not cut weight anymore. If this fight doesn’t happen it will be a loss for the now un-rumored Affliction III event August 5th. The event will still have the headline fight of Fedor vs. Barnett, but the rest of the show could be BS if things don’t work out between the two. Not only is this an awesome match up, it also will be a very entertaining fight with someone getting stopped.
Someone needs to go back in time and fix this, Terminator style.
Seems like all MMAmania does is scavenger hunt down quotes. Here’s another awesome one from Jason Miller:
[The illegal kick] was a mistake. Jacare calls me a clown and disrespects me all the time, headbutted me and opened a cut on my eye. If he could’ve done it to me, he would have. I’ll beat the shit out of him legally next time. What’s he gonna do? Submit me? LOL Kayo me? LMMFAO. Brazillian nuthuggers can suck my mother fuckin dick, that gets more pussy than any one of you could imagine, due to my MTV show, my good looks, and my tons of money. How is that for classy? Oh you know what, I don’t give a fuck what you think, I’m the fucking man. What was your down syndrome Brazillian gonna break? NOTHING. Bitch ass had me on the ground for 3 seconds. Let me get my bread for fucking him up in a rematch, and watch you all cry about how I “don’t respect the sport.” In the words of Dana White, “Fuck you you fucking cunt.” Go jerk off to TUF.
The NSAC released the fighters that has been medically suspended after UFC 98:
- Rashad Evans is suspended until July 23 with no contact until July 8 for precautionary reasons.
- Drew McFedries must have his right wrist X-rayed and cleared by an orthopedic doctor. Otherwise, he’s suspended until Dec. 10.
- Xavier Foupa-Pokam is suspended until July 8 with no contact until June 23 for precautionary reasons.
- Sean Sherk is suspended until July 8 with no contact until June 23 for precautionary reasons.
- Patrick Barry must have his right foot X-rayed and cleared by a doctor. Otherwise, he’s suspended until Dec. 10. Even if cleared, he has a minimum suspension until June 23 with no contact until June 14 because of the injured foot.
- Phillipe Nover is suspended until June 23 with no contact until June 14 for precautionary reasons.
- Kyle Bradley must have his right hand X-rayed and cleared by a doctor. Otherwise, he’s suspended until Dec. 10.
- Andre Gusmao is suspended until July 23 with no contact until July 8 for precautionary reasons.
- Dave Kaplan is suspended until June 23 with no contact until June 14 due to a nose laceration.
Dana White has another “announcement” up his sleeve. He should just quit trying to hype those up because we are always left disappointed. Mostly because we already usually know what they are but still, until he announces something totally awesome like the UFC’s Octagon turning invisible during fights I won’t be amazed. But an invisible Octagon would be so dope.